View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Society becoming more violent? 
All-star
All-star

I cannot imagine going through what the soldiers at Mai Lai did. I don't feel I can say anything about them because who knows what any of us would have done in that situation. You're probably thinking...I would never have killed anybody like that, but I'm sure most of those soldiers would have said the same thing had they been watching something that happened in the past like we just did. So who knows. :?:
This isn't really on the subject of Mai Lai, but the comment was made about society becoming more violent. I don't think this is true at all. There were numerous historical acts of violence that took place that we're probably not aware of. I think the reason it seems society is becoming more violent is because everything is reported on television, internet, radio, etc.

Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:10 pm
All-star
All-star

I think that I agree with the idea that society is not becoming more violent but instead we are becoming more aware of this violence. Before the increased television broadcasts of war, many people, unless directly involved, were not aware of the brutality and violence that really occurs. It may be true that people are becoming more accustomed to seeing violence, but I do not feel that in turn it is creating more violent people. I think seeing the realities of violence personally makes me a bigger advocate against it, not the other way around.

Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:03 pm
All-star
All-star

i think that society is become more violent but gradually. I think that the media shows more violence that in did before and thats why we think that things are getting so bad so quick. I didnt even know anything about what had happened with the soldiers until the video. I think that if more people had the chance to see these things that we would become more aware of our history and things might not snow ball as much as they do. I'm sure that we have all heard that those who dont know about our history are sure to repeat it. I for sure dont want to ever has this happen again.

Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:19 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]