View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Paul Goodman? 
All-star
All-star

I just read this on an email I received.

"The ultimate aim of education must be to get each (one) out of his isolated class and into the one humanity."

Doesn't this resonate with our class? Does anyone know who Paul Goodman is?

Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:17 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I really think that goes back to the whole idea of the cave. In that circumstance the classroom acts as the cave and the teachers are those ushering the students into a new realm of understanding and involvement in society.

Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:51 am
All-star
All-star

"The ultimate aim of education must be to get each (one) out of his isolated class and into the one humanity."

I must say that I really like that quote! I definitely think that has a lot to do with what our class is about so far. It is so important to try and teach our children to become part of their community, their country, and their world. Although I definitely think getting children into "one humanity" is important, I also think that we shouldn't be totally getting them out of their "class". It is always important to remember where you came from, I really think it helps you grow. You always have that level of understanding and comfort in your home that allows you the freedom to explore.
Thanks for sharing Rebekah! :D

Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:20 pm
All-star
All-star

Rebekah I agree this quote fits our class quite well.This should be one that we all should try and live by. If we ever hope for any peace the human race must realize that there is only one true race :!:

Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]