View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 IQ 
All-star
All-star

Post IQ
I know I was probably tested for IQ when I was younger but I just don't remember. I think you are right Kelly when you said that eventually we should know how we did. I have taken one recently but I didn't even pay enough attention to to really remember my score even though, I didn't think the test was that difficult. I don't believe that your IQ really tells you how smart you are because it only test a couple areas. Yes you might be really good in one but not the other or might be good in something that isn't even tested on the IQ test.

Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:56 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

I don't ever recall doing many tests with IQ when we were in school. Our teachers didn't base our "smarts" off tests though. I think it's like the theory of Multiple Intelligences and everyone is smart in their own way. Also from personal experience I have bad test anxiety and can not perform under pressure as well as other students, but I don't think it neccessarily meant they were always smarter. I could spout off the same information from the test at any other point in time, but just not when it came time to fill in the bubbles on the test sheet.

Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:34 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree 100% with you I get really stressed out with test as well and I know I know the answers but when it comes time to answer it on a test it is like I never learned it. I had that happen to me last semester in fact when I was studying abroad in Spain. I had studied really hard for a big test and when it came to writing the answers down I couldn't do it but just as soon as I left the room and talked to my friends I started spouting off the answers like it was nothing.

Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:24 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

i agree with you halay. i dont think that IQ test are really that good. I know of plenty of people that just are not good test takers. I mean what if this is the case. DOes that mean that this certain person has a lower IQ then someone that is a good test taker. what do yall think?

Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:25 pm
All-star
All-star

Kelly I don't think a person has a lower IQ necessarily if they can't take test well than a person who can take test well. I think it is different with different ppl. I mean I didn't do as well as I would have like on the SAT while one of my friends who has no common sense made a 1200 but I was better than her in school. I was in the top 10% while she was in the top 20%! I feel that test do not always express or show a persons ability to understand and comprehend a subject.

Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:04 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]