View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 BET.com stats 
All-star
All-star

I was just reading the brief analysis of incarceration and its correlation to race...I've heard/read about this argument prior to this article and I don't find this one very thorough. No specific reasoning is mentioned, not all states are included...there's just something incomplete and almost fallacious about this article. I am not denying that there are disparities present, I believe there are, I just don't think this should be the first article one should read pertaining to the issue. When a problematic issue is brought to my attention, I automatically ponder possible solutions. This article does not inform me enough to feel as though I could improve the situation.

I noticed the statistics represented primarily northern states. Do you feel this is a true representation of our country? Does this not occur in the remaining 30+ states?

Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:06 pm
All-star
All-star

Even though i do see your point, i did find the article had interesting points. i thought that it pertaining to mainly northern states was the most interesting. i almost think that they do this to make a point. a lot of times people assume this kind of treatment is mainly in the southern states, and they have a good reason to think this, due to the history of slavery, etc. i dont know really what to make of the article, but i think the vagueness threw an emphasis in good places.

Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]