View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 our next class 
All-star
All-star

i'm getting pretty excited about our next class, especially focusing on issues like race. i really wish our class was more diverse so that the discussions could be even better, but i guess we'll just have to make do. i remember watching 'eyes on the prize' in high school and it was such a good film, i can't wait to watch it again. i looked at some of those lynchings online and they really disgusted me. i'm sure you all felt the same....this is all for now, i just thought i'd mention my great anticipation for class tomorrow!

Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:04 am
All-star
All-star

Those lynchings online were very disturbing. My heart was breaking while i was watching those and to think those really went on and probably in some places they are still going on.

I'm very excited about our next class as well, but i get kind of nervous when talking about racical issues. I guess it is just a touchy subject just like social status. :?

Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:41 pm
All-star
All-star

I am excited about our next class as well. I come from a place that is not very diverse at all and i think that it is very interesting to hear what other people have to say and what other people have gone through. This may sound bad but i enjoy hearing about what other people go through even if it is bad because it makes me realize how fortunate i really am.

Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:56 pm
All-star
All-star

I am currently taking an African American History course and yesterday in class we were told about a rather disturbing experience. However, it has such a strong relavance to the Lynching story that I am going to provide a short version of it. It is very disturbing so consider this as the warning before you continue on to read.
Mr. Cluade Neal, a black man, was arrested for the murder of his white wife. Because he was married to a white woman and thought to have murdered her, his punishment was very severe. He was tortured for over 12 hours, hung and when he was almost dead,he was cut down where his privates were cut off and forced into his own mouth, he was then cut, burned and finally the mob killed him. When he was killed the mob then drug his body around the town square. How can anyone stand by and let something like that happen? There was no trial, or anything. He was a suspect and this was how he was treated. Its horrible, but its a story that even pictures can not tell. :cry:

Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:10 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

Oh my gosh, Jenn, that is the most horrible thing i have ever heard of! I seriously can't believe that people can actually do something like that to another human being. I mean, seriously, like tonight watching that video i couldn't even imagine treating those African Americans the way they were treated!! And then to hear a story like that, man!! I just don't understand how anyone ever in their right mind could do such a thing!

:cry:

Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]