View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Men in skirts 
All-star
All-star

i loved this website. i really want to buy the book that the MET published on this exhibit. It has so many top designers that contributed to the exhibit such as: Tommy Hilfiger, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Burberry just to name a few. I feel that somewhere in the pretty far off future it will be accepted for men to wear skirts. I think that now some people are too insecure about their sexuality to risk such a fashion gesture. I mean it took soooo many years for it to be acceptable for women to wear pants, why not turn it around and give the men a chance at change?

Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:06 pm
All-star
All-star

i think men have already changed a lot. for example, the way i see, it's actually pretty cool these days to be a gay male. i mean, gay guys get all the "girlfriends." shows like "will and grace" and "queer eye..." present gay guys as so fashionable and trendy and just someone anyone would want to be friends with. the whole trend of gay males has even rubbed off on heterosexual males, too! now heterosexual males can enjoy the aspects of gay guy fashion without being gay. and they call it metrosexual. guys are becoming more and more effeminate and its just great to most everyone in society. although skirts arent in the picture yet, the male gender has taken many big steps into a more feminine world.

Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:55 pm
All-star
All-star

i agree with you girls! haha I know that about 5 years ago a college "straight" guy would not be caught dead in a pink shirt/ pastel shirt. now everywhere you go guys are wearing pastel colors. I think that its great. I dont know about the whole skirt thing though. I mean i know that should be exceptable but do you actually think that it will be. That may be pushing it a lil bit. :lol:

Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:06 pm
All-star
All-star

I loved the website too! I would really like to see the book if you get it! :) Also, my boyfriend comes from a Scottish family & I saw him in a kilt recently & lemme tell you- FOX! That man looked so good in that skirt- I'm all for it! SHOW ME SOME LEG! (although it was definatly not for fashion's sake, it was VERY cool.)

Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:46 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

Casey, thank you for your thoughtful response, but we also need to remember that not all gay men are like the characters on will and grace. It would be stereotyping to assume that all gay guys are so flamboyant and always have so many cutsy girlfriends. (i.e sex and the city) I think that we just need to acknowledge the fact that people are ALL different in general. You don't define who a person is by thier sexual orientation, you look at who they are on the inside.

Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]