View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Discrimination 
All-star
All-star

We have been talking alot about discrimination against color. I was wondering it you guys think some teachers discriminate agianst students from lower socio economic backgrounds?

Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:24 am
All-star
All-star

I can't say I've ever noticed teachers doing that to students when I was in school, but I also can't see how somebody could do that. The student would be in a hard enough position as it is, so why make it worse? Teachers should be kind, caring, and accepting of everyone.

Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:44 pm
All-star
All-star

Kristie, I hate to say so but I do believe their are teachers who do that. I over heard a conversation in the work room one day at a school and the conversation was about a teacher who doesn't like to work with children who come from "trailor parks". I was very shocked to hear someone in education say that. It is very sad.

Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:04 pm
All-star
All-star

I think some teachers/coaches do discriminate against stuents from lower soico-economic backgrounds. Many times it may not be visible to the naked eye, but it is there. It could be anything from not giving them as much support with their work to not making the basketball team.

Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]