View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 gay discrimination vs. racism 
All-star
All-star

real quick ... we just finished a section on race and i got a pretty good vibe off the class that the majority of you all were against discrimination and i'm pretty sure none of you guys were part of the kkk or anything :lol: so now, that we're talking about homosexuality, how is this any different? how many of you all discriminate against gays/lesbians (openly or secretivly) and how is this acceptable in society, but racism is not? when i say its acceptable in society, i think not allowing gay marrriage is discrimination.

Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:40 pm
All-star
All-star

I would totally have to agree with you. I'm not sure why I have a right to marry as a heterosexual, but a homosexual does not. This seems pretty unconstitutional to me. I guess my biggest question is: who does it hurt? In other words:Who would be hurt by the institution of gay marriage? I would love any feedback you all have to offer.

Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:12 pm
All-star
All-star

kaylen, do we share the same brain? I think you are sooo right! I don't see how it is possible to be against racism but then think that all gay people are going to burn in hell!

Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:42 am
All-star
All-star

i see what you are saying and i feel the same way, but i also know that where im from its just not excepted. Its not fair but thats how it is, and i think that it will NEVER change. People get set in their ways and it is really really hard to change them.

Does that make sense?

Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]