View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 more on eating disorders 
All-star
All-star

i know in class, we had looked at ads and commented on how they affected kids, blah blah blah ... i also know i shared a story about people assuming i was bulemic or anorexic when i was 15. well, what i didn't share was what happened when my knee blew out when i was almost 17. i ran cross country and track all throughout hs and was always the overly skinny kid who ate too much. midway through the track season my junior year, i blew out my knee and was told not to run at all ( i continue to run now, just not nearly as much as i did before). well, when you're body is used to running 6, 7, or 8 miles a day, you gain weight when you stop. well, i did. granted i was almost at an average weight but that weight gain killed me. i went from being about 5'10'' and 120-125 lbs. (all muscle ... roughly a size 2 or so) to almost 140 lbs.(about a 6). i had sooo many people comment on it indirectly that it threw me into psycho mode and i had serious issues for about a year. this was about the time when i became a full vegetarian ( i don't know if this had anything to do with it ... but it probably did) and went down to i guess probably about 115 lbs. it took me a couple of times passing out (and my mom yelling at me) to really realize that this wasn't healthy. i think that it helped me become a stronger person today, but it was definately a stupid way at the time. and its sad but that state of mind (ocd with food) never goes away. to this day, if shit hits the fan and i cant control something, i will watch everything that i eat and slip into probably a mild eating disorder. i just think that anorexia/bulemia is often associated with just kids who generaly want to control weight, and not so much with it being more of a deranged diet plan, which is how i definately looked at it.

Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]