View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 "Looping" 
All-star
All-star

I'm just curious about your thoughts on "looping"? For those of you that may not be familiar with the term, it is when a teacher moves up with her current students the following year and remains their teacher. I'm not very familiar with this procedure myself. However, a Teacher at my school, is interested in "looping" next year. She has 12 kids in her 1st grade class this year and she wants to keep the same 12 kids (only) next year. Our Principal is giving the idea some thought, but no definite decision yet. Does anyone know more about "looping"? Do you feel it might be good for kids or not? What are your thoughts?

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:58 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have mixed feelings on the idea of looping. On one hand I have had teachers in the past that I have loved dearly, and who really had a special rapor with the class as a whole. I am currently enrolled in Elementary Ed. Block 419 and our class did all in its power to see if we could all be advanced together. But I also recognize the fact that, had I only had one teacher for a number of years I would have missed out on some other great experiences. I can clearly see both sides.

Tue May 04, 2004 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]