View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Suicide 
All-star
All-star

When we listed reasons of why some students may decide to commit suicide, I thought back to one in my high school. I know a lot of students decide to because they may feel left out and their peers constantly harrass them...but what about when they are influenced by their peers? I remember a group in our school that hung out and they talked about death all the time and wrote poems about it. How would you approach someone in that mentality (either as a student or teacher) and try to talk to them?

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:33 am
All-star
All-star

wow that is a very hard question! i had some people like that in high school as well! i know that we tried to get them to come to our church and sometimes they would but it seemed like alot of the time it pushed them farther away! its hard to know where to draw the line when it comes to talking to people about things like that! it is a very tough situation!!!???

do you think that sometimes students talk and act this way to get attention!!!??? that may be harsh but i found that this was the case with some people from my high school.

Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]