View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 More Thoughts on the SAT 
All-star
All-star

After talking in class last night about the SAT I wondered about what does it really prepare us for? I don't think this test should be a major factor of whether or not you get into college. It just seems to me that the people who score highly on it may have a five-syllable vocabulary and be a math whiz...but how does that show you they are truely more prepared for a certain college than someone else who may have scored lower?

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:38 am
All-star
All-star

Post SAT
I agree with you Ashley. I scored so poorly on the SAT and had so much trouble getting in to a college. I was accepted to a junior college and then went on to a major univeristy (which turned me down initially due to my scores). I never dropped below a 3.6 GPA my entire time in undergrad and never under a 3.8 in grad school. I definately dont think the SAT shows ability.

Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:26 am
All-star
All-star

yah! i totally agree with yall! some people just do not test well and the fact that colleges rely to heavly on those SAT scores are not fair!!! College is way more than just test! you have to be able to study and comprehend material as well!!! :lol:

Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:11 am
All-star
All-star

I soooooooooo agree with this. I scored poorly on this too, and I think that schools now are looking at other things as well as scores. But it is getting harder for students as well, bc the average scores for universities have gone up quite a bit!

Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]