View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Student Teaching 
All-star
All-star

For a lot of us student teaching is coming up. As it approaches I am begining to feel very intimidated. I know that there will be a teacher there with me, but I guess I am just afraid that I won't be good at it. I will be teaching highschool, so if I end senior class that will mean that I am only 3 years older than the students :(. Is anyone else feeling this way?

Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:24 pm
All-star
All-star

I am totally feeling the same way! I'm not going to student teach for another year but I'm still feeling nervous about it. I also want to teach high schoolers, so I may only be a few years older than the students too! Scary! However, whenever we got student teachers in high school, it never occurred to me that they were only a few years older. I just remember thinking they were really cool because they're views were so open-minded and they could really reach us on a different level-I guess because they were so close in age to us. I'm really more excited than nervous-I can't wait to gain some experience! You'll be fine, we all will. Best of luck!

Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:45 am
All-star
All-star

I agree. I think that gaining experience is very very important :lol: I have several years experience in high school and feel very comfortable now. I bet you will also after just a little while. I know I always get nervous and anxious when I start something new but the feeling gets better very quickly. Experience can make all the difference

Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:04 pm
All-star
All-star

I gotta say I am SOOO crazy scared sometimes. I'm not doing student teaching at all! I have already graduated & I came back to get my license so I don't have to do it. I'm looking for a job & when I find one- IT'S GO TIME! I mean, I sort of wish that I could go through the guided experience in a classroom first, but honestly I feel like I have been in job training for a year now & I AM READY! Just try to remember why you started! I always try to think about why I want to teach & what I want to change & how I want to affect people's lives & the entire education community! Just try & stay positive, we're all in this together :D

Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:17 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]