View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Hope 
All-star
All-star

I wanted to start a list of things that give us HOPE in preparation & celebration of the Hope Dinner we are going to have. Please list 5 things that give you hope. Here are mine:
1. My Love- I have been dating the most wonderful man for over a year now & I did not think that true love was "in the cards" for me. I never saw myself being loved this much, but it gives me hope that miracles can come true!
2. My Friends- They always give me encouragement to live another day.
3. Kids- You can say ONE thing & change their lives forever- just ONE little thing~!
4. My Grandmother- She is 97... nuff said.
5. Success Stories- I hear about real people making it big- ya know rock stars, writers, photographers, painters, etc. that really make their dreams come true... ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:25 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

i really like this posting...here are my five...

1. My Lord...He is sooo AWESOME and He brings me hope everyday in everything that i see. Everything that is all around me is hope enough!!
2. My family...my family is there for me ALL the time, and I am sooo thankful for them. They are there to encourage me and to push me to higher levels.
3. My friends...oh man, I have been soo fortunate to have been blessed with some of the best friends anyone could ever ask for. They do give me hope everyday.
4. Children...THEY can say one thing and it brightens my day so much more than i could have even imagined.
5. Music...ya'll i could not live without music. It sets my heart free!!!

Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:35 pm
All-star
All-star

hmm, just five? okay, i'll try to think and then list the first five that pop in my mind.

1 = my nephew, alex, & my two nieces, katie & alana. alex is 7, katie is 2, & alana is 2 months old. i love them, of course, just for them. they bring so much joy to my life and any time i find myself bogged down by the world of adult worries and strife, i just take a couple of hours to play with them. the absolute innocence that they exhibit is remarkable. and even though i might think the world is a dark place now, i look at their faces and see the good that can come from generations of the future. in another aspect, these kids taught me to be maternal. i mean, i've always cared about people, but when alex was born, i was only 13. from that point on, i've always felt a pang in my heart when i see children of any age. i even feel a little jealousy pain when i see pregnant women! the fact that i genuinely cherish children so much comes from my initial contact with alex, and then later katie & now alana.

2 = books...odd, huh? i'm a huge bookworm and can now find pride in saying that. i can look in a book and read about anything. if i'm depressed i can read a happy story to brighten my spirits. if i'm a little too cocky, i can read a sad story and be humbled. anything can happen in books! so i find my hope within thousands and thousands of pages everyday!

3 = my writing...i love to write. i have several different journals and notebooks for different kinds of writing. my own writing gives me hope because i can say anything and not have to hear back about it. a cool exercise to try sometime: if you're ever really mad at a person or simply feeling some emotion you just know you can't express face-to-face with that person, write them a letter about it. you don't even have to give it to them. just write it! and don't sugar coat anything! say it like you're thinking it! it really helps to balance and define emotions sometimes. and if more people were able to define their emotions at times, then the world would be a more hopeful place, right?

4 = my parents. they've always encouraged me and been proud of me no matter what. my mom is quite a popular person in the town i come from so when people find out i'm her daughter, i want to know that i'm representing her well - in other words, i want to make her proud. my dad is a recovering drug addict (he's been clean my whole life) but i always long to succeed in so many things that i know he never had the chance to do. it's one of the best feelings in the world for him to hug me, kiss me on top of my head, and just tell me how happy i make him. it almost makes me want to cry just thinking about it!

5 = andrew! you didn't think i could leave him out, did you? but no seriously, in all honesty, he's the one person who's seen a lot of sides to me and he's stuck by me. i won't put our whole relationship out there, but to make a long story short, we've been together almost 5 years so there's a lot to go through and live with in that amount of time. and better yet, we made the transition to college together, which, even though we were together, was difficult at best. he's truly an inspiration to me and to be even more sappy (as if i hadn't already), he really ties in with my whole maternal side. i have hope for the generations of the future, and in my own case, with andrew by my side i know we can have bright and hopeful children as well! i have hope and faith in myself to be a mother and i know andrew will be a perfectly supportive husband and father. awwwwww! (i know that's what you're thinking :wink: )

Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:50 pm
All-star
All-star

I'm soo sarry! I didn't mean to copy your posting topic! I didn't even see it before i did mine!

Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:56 pm
All-star
All-star

hmmm...i guess i can list just five things that give me hope. and here they are: (in no particular order)

1) people and knowledge-everyday people are opening their minds a little more to accept people everywhere-and this is excellent! we're learning more everyday, and i hope this will bring about more and more goodness in people. i agree with ann frank- "despite everything i have learned, i still believe that people are truly good at heart."

2) family and friends-they support and love me and will stick with me no matter what. we should all feel blessed to have people like this in our lives.

3)my dog-lucy! she's the greatest, and to come home to her everyday is reason enough to get up in the morning.

4)love-i'm going with leighann on this one. once you find someone that you never thought love like that was possible with, it brings you to a whole new level.

5)travel-this is my favorite thing to do. i've been to a lot of places and seen a lot of things, and it all makes me realize how different people and places are and how lucky i am. it fills me with hope everytime i go somewhere new or talk to someone i would have never imagined meeting. it really humbles me and makes me realize just how much is really out there in the world.

Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]