View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
All-star
All-star

In French Lit the other day I came across a quote by Guillaume Apollinaire-one that I remembered loving in high school. It goes like this: "Come to the edge he said. They said we are afraid. Come to the edge he said... He pushed them and they flew." I really love this quote-because basically this is my teaching motto. I want students who are afraid of learning or failure (or really whatever) because I want to be able to show them how to learn and succeed. Something about that quote really just touches me-I guess I am that cheesy that I think knowledge gives you wings....i don't know-just thought I'd share...anyone else have anything?

Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:09 pm
All-star
All-star

that really is a moving quote. and i don't think that education giving you wings is cheesy at all, its nothing but the truth. there's not many things in this world that are more powerful than education! that's a great post to have in your classroom somewhere, or at least on your desk, to always remind you...

thanks for sharing :D

Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]