View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Field Experience 
All-star
All-star

In Block One we have been in the schools about once a week. We have been in two different schools. The first school I was in I was placed with a really great teacher who really involved me in the classroom. The second school I was in was great, but my classroom experience wasn't the best. We sat in the back of the room for most of the day, which got boring real quick. How do you deal with field experiences where you don't feel like you have learned anything? I feel like I could have learned more in class on campus instead of spending the entire day doing field experience.

Sun May 02, 2004 3:15 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Ashley, I think when you have a bad field expereince you should let your supervisor know as soon as possible. Maybe talk to your cooperating teacher. Maybe she does not realize what your duties are in the classroom and if you tell him/her that you would like to get more invloved then they may let you. I would just say do not wait until the end to say something. Speak up, so maybe things can change and it will not be a waste of your time!
I am glad to hear that you did have at least one good experience!! :D Also, I promise that no matter how bad the experience may seem, it is never a waste of time being in the schools, this is from a secondary person who barely got any exprience in a school and is on her way to student teaching...take advantage of every moment you have in the schools!!!

Tue May 04, 2004 10:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]