View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 In reading our book... 
All-star
All-star

I find this book very interesting. First of all, as an English major, I have found many grammatical mistakes. There are also some misspelled words, which I have found comical. But, there is a lot of good information in the stories that I have read so far. Does anyone else agree?

Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:44 pm
All-star
All-star

Yes Anna...I agree that there are some interesting points made in the first few reading selections, but as a PE major I didn't really catch them or even pay attention to the gramatics of the readings....I will try to be more attentive to this in future readings..... 8)

Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:03 pm
All-star
All-star

I too have enjoyed these readings, though some were rather long. I find myself reading from the authors perspective, so I rarely find grammar/spelling errors. What kind of teacher will I be if I can't spot errors??????

Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:43 pm

It is funny that you posted the fact that you caught some of the errors! I was reading and thinking to myself, "I wonder if they meant to do that...I hope so!" But, the reading isn't too bad, and the stories are relatively interesting. What is your favorite so far, and why? If ya dont mind, of course :)

Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:52 pm
All-star
All-star

Heidi...once I was able to understand "Why Johnny Can't Disobey," it became one that I have really liked. I agree with how children are almost taught to over obey and how we should be watching them too, instead of always watching the children who disobey. Like we talked about in class tonight about the missing girl, maybe she saw something in the man that abducted her that she thought was good. She obeyed some kind of command that he gave and was taken. That's sad, but as educators, we need to tell our children that, yes, they should obey, but there are times when it's okay to disobey (probably explaining those times to them would be helpful). That's why I like that article.

Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]