View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Tate Way's response to Gatto 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

That's quite an interesting article. I suppose it instills a bit of fear about the public schools in me, but that's nothing new. It's insane how much lack of freedom exists in schools. I had no idea that our school system format was originally created by militant Prussians. No wonder classes are so hard to sit through. I think back to my experience in high school and it definitely seems that when teachers were creative, original, and interesting, students were into the material and eager to learn. When some teach got up and droned on about what they were told to regurgitate, students were troublesome, angry, and restless. I've never taught a class in my life before, but I have to hope that I'll be able to keep an open and teachable mind while making an effort to help students to enjoy learning. I also hope that some of the crazy structure of our schools will change for the better. I don't have too many plans on changing it my first year. I do have plans on being courageous enough to stretch and break the mold they expect me to fall into. What's the worst that could happen; getting fired from a teaching position. :twisted:

Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]