View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Bloom's Taxonomy: Negative and Positive Freedom 
All-star
All-star

My educational experience relating to high school is ancient history. My college experience reached marathon proportions and left me with an enthusiasm difficult to describe. When I look at Bloom's categories of knowledge, I recall many, many of my classes consisting of the first level of knowledge.

However, as I ponder, it seems to me that different subjects drew upon each varying level. Free associations: History, grammatical lessons in English, foreign language basics. Foundations for many subjects demanded a level of memorization, tedium - until learned. English, Psychology, Social Sciences come to mind when I think of comprehension. Application brings to mind English again, Foreign Languages (French, Spanish and one semester of Japanese), Analysis brings up images of math concepts I have never fully grasped, Philosophy, English Literature, Creative Writing. Application brings forth dominant memories of Philosophy classes, Social Sciences, Intercultural Communications.

I'm not sure if we're expected to respond to this - but when I read the questions under caveat (which, I should review - and would if I could zip back and forth before posting - ? is that possible?) - I pondered and so I'm posting, too.

Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]