View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 I May get fired...but thats ok with me... 

In deciding to pursue education, I have often said, "I am sure that I will be fired from at least a few schools for teaching things that arent orthodox." I pretty much accept the fact that school teachers are handed a curriculum and are basically forced to teach those aspects of "education" through end-of-grade testing and other such requirements. If my students have to know those things, I want them to know the other side as well. So, I will teach what they want me to, but maybe not the way they expect. I think students should be able to think on their own, experiment, draw their own conclusions, and experience the education. Thats how I plan to teach. I mean, I want to teach history...so I will have to do something to make it interesting, right?!
This article made me look back on my own education. I did have so many teachers that fell into this prison. But, the few that were able to get past it changed my life. If I can do that for one student, it is worth being a teacher!

Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]