View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 MLKjr 
All-star
All-star

I completely admire and believe in Martin Luther King Jr. and all he did. In several course here at ASU I have learned things about MLKjr that have really upset me. I know no one leads a perfect life, but the things I found really changed my views on MLKjr. I do not feel comfortable sharing the things I learned, I just want to know if anyone else has encountered this. I learned these things in History of NC, so most of you have taken this I just want to know you responses.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:19 pm
All-star
All-star

How true it is that no one is perfect. It would be hard to find a better example that in MLKjr. To me, I guess there is some hope, in humanity. That even people who are not sinless are able to change the world for the better. Here is a man who’s family life was not something to aspire to, an yet, unquestionably, he has contributed one of the most powerful changes for the better in the world. It is interesting to think that before the bus boycotts, Dr. King never even used public transportation. But there was something that needed to be done; he was a man to do it. It is difficult for me to think of a more passionate and compelling speech than the “I had a dream.â€

Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:48 pm
All-star
All-star

I've never heard anything bad about MLKjr. I know know one is perfect, but I never heard anything said bad about MLKjr. What was some of the wrongs he did that you learned in that history class?

Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:33 pm
All-star
All-star

Bottom line, Dr. King was an adulterer, more than once. He also had a bad history of being caught for plagiarism in some of his scholastic days. I am not saying he was evil, but human, and you can read what I wrote about that earlier in this topic. For another source, you can look at this book review, it captures a majority of what I am saying.

http://www.christiancourier.com/penpoints/dysonKing.htm

Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:24 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have a book called "Walking With the Wind" it is a biography of John Lewis's life. He talks about Martin Luther King jr., the freedom rides, S.N.I.C.K. etc. It is probably one of the best books I have ever read and one of the most informative about the civil rights movement. I highly reccomend anyone reading this book.

Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:46 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have a book called "Walking With the Wind" it is a biography of John Lewis's life. He talks about Martin Luther King jr., the freedom rides, S.N.I.C.K. etc. It is probably one of the best books I have ever read and one of the most informative about the civil rights movement. I highly reccomend anyone reading this book.

Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:49 pm
All-star
All-star

i agree that MLKjr was a good person along with all he did. But it bothers me that we get out of school to honor him, which from i know about him, he probably would not agree with. However, we do not honor our presidents on president's day.

Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]