View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Morality in question... 
All-star
All-star

Morality was brought up as an issue for the current political administration and the political environment - and the implication is that Kerry does not represent morality. It is my great hope that all of us, that every citizen who's capable of getting onto the net will follow Anna's suggested information about the AOL presidentialmatch.com web-site (and of course, my plug for the truemajority.com;-).

I wonder what we consider moral?...
How do we define morality, individually?

From my perspective, the current dominant political power is defined by a leader who speaks from a perspective of an ethnocentric, greedy, short-sighted minority who speaks, thinks and rules from a pedestal of cliches I don't even think he understands. Michael's post about disillusionment depicts my feelings about America today.

Perpetuating poverty, discrimination, war, global destruction, belittling education by denying it proper funding, institutionalizing economic injustice, raping the environment for the minority capital gain (to an extent that Mother Nature will NEVER recover from), declaring family values that do not address real social issues and enable the very disturbed among us to purchase guns without background checks that would give sane citizens a fighting chance of improved security, giving tax breaks to the wealthiest among us while they not only reap every other possible advantage our free society offers, they take those juicy tax breaks to invest in international job markets where they can stay "competitive"(sp?)...

Poverty is immoral. Not having healthcare for all Americans is immoral. Discrimination is immoral and goes against the grain of what we say we cherish most, liberty - and justice for all. My soapbox runneth over.

Since I became a mom these issues are hitting my core. I want for myself and for my son to live in a country that thinks - that recognizes its diverse nature and likes itself. Ugh - I will hush - before I just can't.
:cry: :oops: :wink:

I do apologize if my views are offensive to anyone. It is truly not my intent to insult any of us. I like our class alot. I'm just sick over the state of our country... And frightened by the potential for its continued decline.

Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:10 pm
All-star
All-star

I think your feelings are well founded. Immorality is clearly seen everywhere. As future teachers we hold the key to America's state because we will teach the future adult voter.s. We must look at fairness, morality, equality, and the economy as one entity and strive to promote this entity to aid future generations.

Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:27 pm
All-star
All-star

gosh... that was a very interesting post. your thought process and your writing skills are awesome. I wish i could write and speak my mind on a subject like that. I wish I could respond to your political views, but I'm inept to do so bc I don't know enough about politics. I wish I knew as much about politics as you do. The only thing I can say is that I think our nation is moving towards a more immoral society. What goes on in this nation is just sad.

Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]