View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Cultural seperation 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

That was a good class just before the break, and It was cool to have Marvin with us. I understand that seperation still exists because of cultural differences, but nonetheless I find it extremely sad. I went to Wilmington to visit my sister over the break and we took her four of her Godchildren, who are black, out to eat and to the beach and to watch movies. We all had the funnest time ever. No cultural differences had the power to cause awkwardness or seperation. We were all spending time together as people. I can't help but feel I owe something to African Americans when I see things like Eyes on the Prize. I feel the best way to pay that debt is to not let things like culture get in the way of my relationships with people no matter what color they are. :!:

Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:18 pm
All-star
All-star

I think that is great. If more people had your sense of responsibility, then racism wouldn't be an issue today.

As future teachers how can work toward a society that does not look at skin color?

Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:10 pm
All-star
All-star

I also think that it's great that Marvin came into our class and joined in our conversation. However, I wish that we would have had different races in the class already. I know that there aren't many "minorities" here at ASU, but I hate that different races and ethnic groups are not present in our class to join in on our conversations.

Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]