View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Gay Marriage 
All-star
All-star

Going from our discussion on class this past thursday night, I didn't fell like everyone got to expres how they really felt about the issue of gay marriage. I would like for us to continue the discussion here on-line so that we can fully express how we feel about this topic without the fear of interjection. I feel like the government has no right to make gay marriage illegal. Afterall we all have a right to the pursuit of happiness. If marrying someone of the same sex makes you happy then I think that should be a right for those people. Besides It doesn't bother me any if two people of the same sex get married except in a spiritual way. But the
U.S. does have separation of church and state as well as the freedom of expression.
These are my thoughts, what are yours?

Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:39 am
All-star
All-star

Post ok
I think that its ok if two people of the same sex want to get married. More power to them. I dont understand why the government is being such a jerk about it and trying to make it illegal. I dont want to see two guys or girls making out on the side of the road, but that goes for a girl and a guy that are dating. Just as long as i dont have to see it go for it.

Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:41 pm
All-star
All-star

I personally thnk that it is a relgious matter, not one of the government. This is blurring the lines between church and state. It is not up to the government to decide how to uphold the sanctity of the religious bond of marriage. I think that each church, sect, whatever, should be able to make that distinction.

Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:00 pm
All-star
All-star

I feel the same way about the issue of gay marriage. I don't agree with homosexuality because it goes against my religious beliefs. I do not feel that it is the governments decision to say if gays can be married or not. Who are we to say that they can't express their feelings just like heterosexuals can? That's not fair at all. I just don't think that the government should single out gays like that and try to tell them that they can't legally be married. Everyone in this country should be able to express their feelings without feeling like an outsider.

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:05 pm
All-star
All-star

i agree with crystal, but i'm torn between the issue. I don't agree with homosexuality, but people think our country is set up so everyone has equal opportunity, which is not the case. I think the cause of all this rucus is due to a matter of interpretation of the constitution and other historical documents.

Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:21 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree with Brandon!!! My interpretation of the constitution is probably way different than a lot of people. From what I know, most of it... was based on religious values(morals)..Right??? So, since my beliefs are Christianity, and I believe that MARRIAGE was formed for a MALE and a FEMALE to join together and form a bond of LOVE. I know it is not my place to judge, but I do feel as a Christian, that it is my place to help uphold what I feel is right. I feel like it is wrong to allow a student to curse, but yet, there are many families that find nothing wrong with this. You may say that this is different.. but is it really? Is this not church and state also????.... You tell me..?..What is not church and state? What are our laws of the land based on?.. Morals? Religion??...??

Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:21 am
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

David is so right. This country was founded on religious beliefs, but someone can also argue that is was founded on freedom of religion, thus freedom of choice. Like Brian stated about marriage being a religious matter, I completely believe that is true. I do not support same-sex marriages, but still feel they should be respected as a human and have a choice. I don't know I am so confused about it, because it goes against everything I have been taught(morally) and how I feel. I guess since I have several friends that I love very much that are homosexual. I just don't want them to be unhappy and treated unfairly. Then I feel that they are making that choice to be homosexual and they are living in a country that has freedom of choice, but also is made up of a majority of heterosexual people then they may have to except and adapt. :?

Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]