View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 boys 
All-star
All-star

I agree when the book says that boys have more behavior problems than girls, and that there are fewer and fewer boys in the schools than girls. When i was in high school my classes had more girls in them. I was in advanced classes, we had a few boys but not many. I always saw the boys getting in trouble. Dont get me wrong girls got in trouble for behavior problems too, but it was mostly boys. Why is it that boys get in trouble more? The best answer for me to give is because they have something to prove to themselves.

Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:02 pm
All-star
All-star

I may be wrong, but I feel(as a boy) that we are just more hyper. I myself must be involved in something or I get totally bored. I must entertain myself, or others, therefore sometimes getting into trouble. It is factual information that more boys are labeled as ADHD, as well as having learning disabilities. Why all of this is so, isn't exactly as simple as showing off or needing attention, but I think it more relates to how interested we actually are in learning. Another fact is that, how many male teachers have you had compared to female teachers? How many guys do you know that likes taking orders from a woman? I personally, no offense gt, but I am more interested and pay closer attention when I have male teachers. Maybe that is another attribute to our disobedience.??? ?? I don't know for sure!?

Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:59 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

I think at different ages boys and girls are going to act differently. In elementary school boys are little more seen as the trouble makers and the girls are quiet and sweet. On up through school it definitely changes a lot. Girls get very dramatic in their teens. Speaking for myself in high school I wanted good grades, but I worried more about how I looked and boys. I work with the youth group at my church and the girls give you more trouble then the boys do. The girls are so worried about who is dating who it makes me sick, but I love them and listen to their worries. I know when I go on trips with them that if there are no boys just girls there are no problems and the opposite all boys no girls = no problems, but as soon as you put them together some girl is fighting or crying about something.DRAMA!

Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:25 pm
All-star
All-star

I am surprised at the comment that there were more girls than boys in advanced classes. This is because I always felt a little opposite in high school. I tended to feel that the boys outdid the girls in numbers, and even if they didn't, that the boys were the better students. Now that I think about it, it seems pretty warped that I would think that the boys were better students but the boys were often more visible. They were louder and more willing to speak up in class, and it was acceptable for them to be that way.

Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:00 pm
All-star
All-star

you know what sucks? this is gonna sound kinda stupid, but it is something that i have noticed. If a girl whispers or talks in class, it fits in with the noise of the classroom, but if a boy whispers or talks, his voice (after it changes) is on a different frequency and is much lower in pitch, and unless you have a low pitched hum in your classroom, it is going to stick out more. That is just one observation that I have made over the years. I agree that boys tend to speak out more and that it is more acceptable. and I also agree that if put in a classroom with a male teacher, boys will behave better than with a female teacher. Historicaly, men have always had, or been expected to have, more energy and to be more kinesthetic learners than girls. It is this general assumption about learning that tends to get more boys in trouble than girls, at least in my opinion!

Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]