View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 metrosexual? 
All-star
All-star

Just like it is acceptable for a girl growing up to be a tomboy and not acceptable for a boy to play with dolls, the pattern has remained the same through adult life. A man who puts the same amount of effort into his clothes as many women do is sometimes termed to be "metrosexual" or people wonder if he is gay! Well personally I like the term metrosexual because some guys are very thorough, neat, and stylish in thier presentation. Instead of saying that somebody is gay, people often say they are metrosexual. I am not sure if people would be offended by this word or not. I want to know what you think about it though.

Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:52 pm
All-star
All-star

Probably because of my age and the totally different realm motherhood to a young child brings, this is the first time I've heard - or read that word. But if it helps expand definitions of personality without categorizing another into denigrating boxes - than I think it's great. I just don't know anything about it. I'm interested in what others write about it because I'm learning... :)

Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:55 am
All-star
All-star

I am not sure how other people feel about the term metrosexual, but I think that it is ok if not used in a deragotory manner. I do not use it myself, but I am aware of its usage and implications. The homosexual community may have different thoughts on this.

Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:43 pm
All-star
All-star

well, I haven't been exposed to this term until this semester...but i guess it could be used in a postive way if, like Geneveive said, it helps to not catergorize people because of their sexual preference....on the other hand i could see how the term could end up being a loosly used substitution for saying someone is gay......just not sure about it....

Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:00 pm
All-star
All-star

Don't feel bad Genevieve I have never heard the term either. :o

Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]