View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Bang Bang Your Dead 
All-star
All-star

In another one of my classes, we watched a movie called Bang Bang Your Dead. It was about a student who threatened to blow up the football team because they always were picking on him and pushing him to his limits. This boy started video taping everything that bullies did to other kids and finally one day when things got to the extreme the principal and other teachers saw it. Those students who were the bullies called into the principals office and confronted about the abuse to other students. The bullies ended up being suspened from school. Even though when they werent caught in the exact moment doing their abuse, do you think they should have been suspended?
I agree with the principal for suspending those students, if you pick on other kids then you should be prepared to pay the price if you get caught.

Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:37 pm
All-star
All-star

Well, its hard to say. I know that it is there in black and white on a video tape but , they weren't caught by the principal. THe principal wasnt the one that caught them. I know that its on tape but i guess you have to know where it all took place, if it was on school grounds or if it was at church or in the community, it really makes a difference.

Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:34 pm
All-star
All-star

I believe that it is the principles responsibility to respond to all of a student's needs in and out of school, but he can only take control of things that happen in the school. If it happened at school I think that the students should be disiplined no matter of how they got caught. It is the principals job to ensure a safe learning environment for all students and teachers.

Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:06 am
All-star
All-star

I would have to say... all bullying done on school grounds should be punished! Everything outside of school is between the students and their family.. etc. If it was just one instance... it would be hard to convict b/c you wouldn't know what made them "bully". The victim may have deserved it....but.. since it is over and over..it becomes obvious who the victim is!

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:20 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

i'd say that you would _probably_ be able to tell by watching a video tape it it was at your school or not. if it was, then they should be punished. i remember that when i was in middle school and high school and had to ride the bus for a while, there were supposedly cameras on the buses...and they could be used to catch students misbehaving and punish them for it. so i don't see much difference in using a video camera in a situation like this. but of course, if you couldn't tell where it was in the video, or if it clearly wasn't at school...then the principal doesn't really have grounds to do anything about it, unfortunately.

Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:07 pm
All-star
All-star

I think that bullying should be punished, but I also believe that due process applies to school as well. I think that an administrator or teacher should have witnessed the act before suspension.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:19 pm
All-star
All-star

Far too often, bullying goes on without punishment. If the principle as to witness the act of any wrong doing for anyone to get in trouble, that would be a terrible judicial system, and I would hate to have to be the principal. Think if the only way for a criminal to be convicted was if a police office or a judge saw it. What a warped system that would be. F it can be proved that the particular individuals were on tape doing violent acts to another kid, punishment has to be given.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:27 pm
All-star
All-star

Even if the principal did not see the bullying himself, he has proof with a video, but the boy threatening to blow up the school is a little extreme. I definitely think if you are bullying someone you should get in trouble.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]