View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Life-giving forces and sources... Do we know some w/in now? 
All-star
All-star

When Parker Palmer writes about life-giving forces and sources, I'm curious to know what ours are, individually. On the heroes post I started, others responses reminded me of my closest and most familiar heroes - my parents; specifically my mother. My religious beliefs and journey is filled with heroes, some whose names will remain mysteries to me - and others' names whom I cherish in my heart and share in intimate conversations.

These posts are great not for just what comes to one's mind, but for what comes from others. Free association is what I imagine when I think of this ? and I guess it's much like what Dr. Turner is asking us to consider for Hope Day.

Anyway, life-giving forces/sources for me include - the gift and responsibility of motherhood. The gift of music; hearing it, making it, dancing to it... Humor and laughter. Love. Friendships, animals, family, nature, traveling, prayer, observing anyone in the midst of one's passion. Excellent health - when I've been the most fit in my life, everything about life feels exhilirating - I strive to spend more time in fitness than the haphazardly fit state I currently enjoy, at times.

What are yours?
:?: :D

Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:49 pm
All-star
All-star

The people in my life are life-giving. There are so many people who are important to me and make me happy. I cannot image being isolated and away from people, I don't think that I would feel like I was living in the same way that I live now. The thing about this that is interesting to me is that I am an introverted person and I am often seen as quiet or shy. Although I need time to myself and to process things, I would not be happy if that was always how my life was.

Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:44 pm
All-star
All-star

For me, it would be my family. I'm from a huge family and they are a major part of my life. They are my strength, my light, and my joy. They are the life-giving things in my life.

Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]