View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 What would you want 
All-star
All-star

Which would you prefer to do, teach in a program that is already established, or a program that you create from scrach? I've thought about both, and wanted to get others personal thoughts.

Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:28 pm
All-star
All-star

That is a good question and I think that it would depend a lot on the program and how interested I was in it. If the program was one that I felt was good but was not dedicated to, I would prefer to be a part of something that had already been established. If the program was one that I was motivated to do and had strong ideas and a vision for I would definitely want to be a part of creating it.

Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:36 pm
All-star
All-star

I am used to creating my lessons and curriculum from bottom up and if I was put in a situation that i had to do either I feel like i could find a comfort zone in both situations....

Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:21 am
All-star
All-star

it could just be b/c my mind is fuzzy from having not been awake long, but what sort of "program" are y'all talking about? i must say i'm a bit confused.

Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:20 pm
All-star
All-star

definetly a brand new one. That means that YOU set the standard and aren't being constantly compared to another. I also like to be a part of something new. Either way, you are still doing your job. The part about being compared, i am not afraid of being compared but its nice when people are being compared to you.

Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:46 pm
All-star
All-star

Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:48 pm
All-star
All-star

I would rather start from scratch. At least if I made a mistake people would be more understanding.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:33 pm
All-star
All-star

Either for me. They both have their perks and I welcome the challenges each have.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:35 pm
All-star
All-star

I think it would be more exciting and more suited to one's personality to start their own. You could build up things as you saw them and not rely on anyone's previous foundations. However, I suppose if someone wanted the support of using someone's past work as a basis, working in a previously established program would be the way to go. Personally, I think it would be more comfortable to start your own because it would be better suited to you.

Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]