View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Guess what! 
All-star
All-star

I went to the PTMA meeting last night 4/21 and they had student teachers come in and share about their experiences. I did not see any of you guys there and I learned a few things that I thought were pretty beneficial. There were three high school student teachers and one thing they all said you should do is go in on the first day of classes for the students then you can be with the classes from the beginning and show the students you are serious about the classroom and the cooperating teacher's rules and procedures. I had not even thought of that :lol: Anyway there was one elementary Ed. there and she said that we should go on the first day also, but if you do the student teaching in the spring then it is a good idea to go the previous fall during the first week to see how the teacher sets up the classroom and how the kids react. They all said very much more, but I can't write everything, just wanted to let you all be aware if not already. Let me know if you would like to know anything else(I did take notes :oops: ) Good luck

Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:59 pm
All-star
All-star

Thanks for the information. I think that it would be a great idea to go to a classroom the first week of school to get an idea of how things are set up in a classroom at the beginning of the year.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:06 pm
All-star
All-star

Shoot yeah, that is cool. Thanks for that.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:15 pm
All-star
All-star

That is a good idea. Thanks for mentioning it. Hopefully I'll be able to do that. I wonder how well that really works, or if students would even notice. Hopefully, they would though! In which case it could be extremely helpful.

Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]