View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Special Children... 
All-star
All-star

over the course of the semester i have been involved with a class that helps special children be active in a physical education setting....it has been so interesting to teach and observe these kids having fun....on the other hand it is a difficult job that requires the high level of patients and the teachers in this field, in my opinion, deserve the most respect in our schools today...my mother is a classroom teacher of special education in a middle school setting.....i've been her classroom several times and i don't know how she does everyday.....it takes a special person....what do ya'll think.....

Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:05 am
All-star
All-star

Being a special edu major, I am extremely biased. And yes I believe it takes a certain type of person to teach special edu. But in all honesty I envy the patience of elementary teachers. The patience they have for their little students is more than I could ever have for the ankle bitters. It takes all types to make a world.

Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:36 am
All-star
All-star

my mom used to teach in a multi-handicapped classroom, and i had to go there several times for various reasons. i always thought that i would never be able to do it. i think it does take a special kind of person, especially one with a loooot of patience. the kids in mom's class had so many various disorders and handicaps that most of them couldn't do anything for themselves, so they had to be fed and the teachers had to clean up after them and make sure they went to the bathroom and everything. i have a lot of respect for people who help kids like that out, and i honestly don't know if i could do it.

Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:14 pm
All-star
All-star

i agree. In my 2800 class we talked a lot about special ed. I think that it is a very honorable position. it takes more patience than i think we can imagine to take care of those children. you are more than a teacher to them, you are taking care of them, all of the time.

Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:43 pm
All-star
All-star

i agree... i think they have the most difficult job in the teaching field.

Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:49 pm
All-star
All-star

I have this attitude towards most children that I want to love and take care of them. Being in the classroom I have had a hard time separating myself from this and concentrating on teaching. If I was a special ed. teacher I definitely would have a hard time. I would thing they needed extra attention. I do think they need extra attention, but the right kind of attention and a person that is meant to be a special ed. teacher knows what that is. I strongly agree that it takes a special person to teacher special ed.

Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:39 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree. I think that it is a very difficult job, possibly the most difficult job in the schools. I think that they deserve a lotofrespect for their position.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:22 pm
All-star
All-star

Respect, admiration, and value: all these I give to the special education teacher. It takes a nurturing, patient, and unwavering personality for any teacher to be successful. But for the special education teacher who is responsible for individuals who need the help of others even to make it through the day; that is a champion person in my book.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]