View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 EXAM!!!! 
All-star
All-star

I was just wondering if anyone wanted to discuss any part of the exam. Particularly question #1. If anyone has any thing to say just post it or give me a call (828)-773-0461.

Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:30 pm
All-star
All-star

i think it has something to do with positive and negative freedom. Beyond that,,.....i have no clue.

Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:47 pm
All-star
All-star

Thanks for that post, Mark. Vickie called me and when I looked at my notes, I have notes about Plato's Allegory of the Cave, references that today's theme is freedom and how schooling connects or not with freedom. I wrote "freedom from constraint" and "freedom to create/invent". I have notes @ Victor Frankl's distinguishing between liberty and freedom - that there is a conflict between equality and freedom... Unfortunately, my notes do not give me a comprehensive memory of positive and negative freedom. So, any responses to this post will interest me, too.

My notes from 1/29 also include alot of historical information about education and references to: Humanism, Social Efficiency, Social Meliorism, Developmentalism, John Taylor Gatto's "Bitter Lessons", John Dewey, our small discussion groups. I'll review those articles but I'm a bit lost, it seems...

Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]