View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Students Jumping Out the Window 
All-star
All-star

During my internship at Watauga High School, some students thought it would be cool to jump out the window of the classroom and then run around and let themselves back in through the door. Some of them did this on a bet of $20. How would you guys handle it if your students jumped out the window?

Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:11 pm
All-star
All-star

Great question. Tell them to stop I guess. If there are more problems then that, it is a personal adjustment to the particular student. However, there was one time that I was at school when I bet someone I could climb out the window (on the first floor) and walk back into the classroom as if nothing happen. This teacher did nothing more than look at the board or work at her desk. I only bet a handshake, and did it, she was worthless. I know we all had one of those teachers. There for the check, nothing more.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:20 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree with Zack. If something like that happened, I would definately tell the students not to do that anymore. Perhaps some sort of light punishment. But I wouldn't overdo the situation, because that would probably only do more harm than good. Especially if the students weren't continual problem starters. If any more disturbances occurred perhaps you could be more stern. But on a first offense like that, I would say you would probably be better to do some light punishment and not make too big a thing out of it. That would just sort of nip it in the bud and let it be forgotten.

Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]