View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:58 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Class Wrap-Up 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This is just to see what some of your favorite parts of the class were and maybe some things you didn't like.

I personally really liked the way the class was conducted. I never thought I would be able to sit through a four hour class, three days a week, but I felt like the class was interesting and it really didn't feel like four hours. I also like the idea of the discussion forum, I think it really brought us together as a class and I feel like I have known most of you for years. What do you think?

Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:53 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Even though it was tough at times to sit there for so long, I do think that a long class with not so many people, brought us close together and helped us learn a lot about education, others, and ourselves. I enjoyed the class very much and had a great time with everyone.

Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:31 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I can't believe I made it through a four hour class even once!! I thought the topics covered were very interesting and will be beneficial when we begin teaching. This class helped me open my eyes to parts of our culture I had never really thought about. It makes me want to work harder to be a more open minded person and pass less judgements!

Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:29 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I must say 4 hours is a LONG time, however I did enjoy the small groups and videos. It opened me up to issues and other people's point of view to what our society is and will be. I think it was a good class to have to make us more conscious of the children that we will come in contact.

Congrats to everyone for making it through!! Good luck on the final and the last leg of your college careers!!

linda brock :D

Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:00 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This class has been really fun, long yes, but fun. I loved hearing all the different ideas about the topics that we discussed and the forum has allowed so much more descusion to take place out side of class which I also like.

Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:59 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I definitely struggled with sitting still for four hours, but I agree that we had some interesting discussions and were able to interact well with one another. I really enjoyed Gayle. She made me feel comfortable in the classroom and seems very genuine. You can tell she wants us to be there and cares about what we take into our classrooms. I really admired her stories she shared with us about dealing with some students in the past. I found it to be very helpful and I will take it with me. I hope you all have a great rest of the summer and good look with everything!

Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:42 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This was the longest class I've ever had! But, I really enjoyed it. I thought the topics we discussed were thought provoking and I am glad I could get other people's opinions on them. The only thing I didn't like was all the reading, b/c sometimes I got confused :wink: I did really enjoy the class though overall.

Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:35 am
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I agree that it was a long class as well, but I can't think of any other type of class that I would rather sit in for four hours. We were all pretty much highly engaged and the material was pretty interesting. One thing that I have taken from this class is that I want to make sure that discussion is implemented in my classes. I learned so much from the discussions and enjoyed the class very much.

Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:40 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I really appreciated the laid-back atmosphere of the class because I felt it was okay to speak my opinions, whatever they were. But I always speak out in class so maybe I should see how normally quiet people felt about the openess of the class. I've never been a huge fan of breaking off into groups, but I can see why it has to be done sometimes (to fully include everyone in the discussions and in order to get down to the nitty gritty).
This online forum is a great tool! I have been thinking about maybe implementing one in my social studies classes. Hopefully I could create a network of worldwide cultures and have an ongoing forum where students could talk about the ways they have learned things and also the way that current events are depicted in other countries. Would something like that have made any of you more interested in your social science classes in high school?

Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:30 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

yep, 4 hrs is long, but i really am amazed at the job gayle did in keeping the class going. she was pretty in tune to the vibe of the class and let us have enough breaks and topic changes to keep me interested.

i also have to say, you guys are AWESOME :D probably one of the best groups of people i've met in college, and i'm honestly sad that i don't get to see you all anymore because everyone was so interesting and kind to everyone else that i feel like you are all people i'd hang out outside of class with... there aren't many classes i can say that for, so i thank you guys! i hope the rest of the summer and life goes well for you all -- i'll miss you!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:48 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I really enjoyed the class. I liked the energy that Gayle brought, and the fact that it was not a lecture class. After three hours I was pretty much useless, but I did enjoy the fact that we only had class eight times! I thought that the discussion board was very helpful, and our syllabus being online was also. I think we had toooo much reading :wink: but we gained alot from it. I also enjoyed the videos that were shown. Most of them were very informative and helped to break up the class. Anyways, gotta go write a paper now... have a great summer everyone! :D

Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:45 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I really liked the forum and the discussions in the class although I have to say that sometimes the 4 hours was really long but we got lots of breaks that helped and we discussed alot of topics in that time which made it better. Any way I had a good time getting to know all of you and I hope the rest of the summer goes well for everyone. (I feel like I'm writting in someones year book)

Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:57 pm
All-star
All-star

I feel relieved to be finished with my final, although I did not use one word answers since that is not a complete sentence. :lol:

I really enjoyed that class, at times I was frustrated with sitting still, but i really would not of had it anyother way now. I could work all the other days. I thought the final was a very justifiable examination of this class. I really realized after finishing the final all that I had learned and the keen sense I grew for what this class taught.

I appreciated talking about stuff with everyone on this forum, Enjoy your summer!

Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:33 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I dug every bit of the class. I especially liked the forum. I've learned a lot about new things (I told Kari and Courtney this yesterday) that I would have never ever associated with education. But they are more than important to us as educators. The four hours didn't bother me, as long as we got a break every now and then, and honestly, I learned a lot just talking to you guys during the breaks! Gayle had lots of interesting things to discuss if you happened to be sitting in the room during part of a break. I thought she was a wonderful teacher, and I can't imagine enjoying the class and the format of the class as much as I did with someone other than Gayle teaching it. You guys are all fun to talk to, and I want to encourage you to use each other as resources when we all go out and find full-time jobs as teachers! There is a lot of knowledge and energy in our class, and several different subjects are well-represented! Take care!

Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:15 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Yep, four hours is a long time to sit in class. The way the class was done was great. Many times I struggled sitting through the class. I'm glad I made it through. I liked the discussions and groups we had in class. I enjoyed the discussion forum as well. Everybody in class was kind and nice. I enjoyed hearing other perspectives on educational issues. Gayle did a great job of teaching. She really got the wheels in my head turning. My eyes were opened up to new things as well. Hope everybody has a great summer!! Good luck in your future endeavors.
:D

Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:33 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 15 posts ]