View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:51 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Bloom's Taxonomy??? 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

So what does everyone think about Blooms Taxonomy?
Personally, I think that the highest degree of competence in education is Wisdom.

Tue May 25, 2004 4:38 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think Bloom needs to add another level. I don't even know what I would call it, but it would be when you reach the point where you realize you can't learn it all and when you realize that education never stops. This would come about after years of experience in whatever you were doing and after you had made numerous mistakes. I think that is the point where learning can best take place.

Tue May 25, 2004 9:14 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Bloom's Taxonomy makes sense to me. It goes in a logical order. However, I dont really think this should be a separate category again (because it kind of goes right back into synthesis), but I learn the most in life from re-evaluation. I evaluate all kinds of things constantly, but then I go back to synthesis and I reevaluate and realize that often my first evaluation is only correct based on what I know so far... and I constantly add to my knowledge... ok... i'm tired now, too many big words... :wink: 'nite

Tue May 25, 2004 10:33 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Just thought I'd let you guys who are elem. ed majors know that in Block 2, you learn lots more about Bloom's Taxonomy. So don't worry, you'll get your fair share of it, and it wil make more sense then. Make sure you understand it though, it will probably be on the Praxis II!

Wed May 26, 2004 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]