View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:52 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Global Economy 
All-star
All-star

Finally a reading I fully understand. Who is the bad guy? Is it China or India or some Third World Country? No! It is our Federal Government and of course, ourselves. We elected the people that voted for free trade and did so because we were not well enough informed to make a good decision. Like many, I want the least expensive item with good quality, but not until last year did I really take time to see where that item came from. Do you care? My job went to China last year and I was not asked to go with it. Please thank all of your working parents for me. I am living off their tax dollars and school is free for me. What is the cost to you and future generations? Wake up and see or be prepared to do the unthinkable, work for a cheap wage. Oh yeah, we are getting ready to become techers. The future is now.

Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:55 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

:lol: I agree. It is not really funny but rather very sad that our country has lost some of its traditional morals and values about business and soceity as a whole.

Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:33 pm
All-star
All-star

I know, and I treasure hand made objects. I know others that do too, ofcourse especially american. I work at the a store where I am asked every day where certain products are made. People get especially mad when they hear that it isn't from here and realize how expensive it still is. It is sad our economy and job industry has changed durastically from this countries past industrail work. We just consume and consume and stress over money, I think sometimes our values are all out of whack. So many people are concerned with wanting everything they can't afford, rather than being happy with what they have.

Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:18 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]