View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:25 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 "The Human Lives Behind the Labels" 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

When I was reading the online article about the "...lives behind the labels," I was really moved by the picture of the little boy who had fallen asleep while making softballs to support his family. Of course outsourcing jobs is bad for Americans, and I am definitely not condoning it.... but, the purpose of this article was more or less to bring light to the people in poverty that work in the sweatshops. I really hate that these people have to survive on six cents an hour because otherwise they would have no jobs. I wonder if our government could mandate somehow that the companies here have to uphold the same standards for people in foreign countries that they do in the U.S. (such as minimum wage, etc.) So, basically... the companies would have no reason to outsource because they would have to pay the same as in the U.S. What do yall think?

Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:11 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1 post ]