View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Martin Luther King Jr.'s letter 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This letter to me holds a lot of truth in it. I found it to be very interesting. I believe the part about the unjust and just laws is how society is shaped. I think the unjust laws do not follow a moral law. Some do need to be in place to protect society but to a certain extent. A just law is one that does follow the moral law, the law of God. What do you all think about unjust and just laws? Should there only be just laws in society?

Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:13 pm
All-star
All-star

Mandy, The point you made about moral law and God is important me. As a society we have moved away from God's laws and have elected to use God's laws as we see fit. Who establishes the edicts that eventually become law, the lawyers? If lawyers are part of the social and financial elite, the laws they help initiate are going to benefit what group? We must help all of our young people to realize, they can make a difference, without being biased to one social class or race or religion. Unfortunately, the loudest voice is the one that gets heard and if it is wrong we are so easily swayed by powerful words.

Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:08 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think you two are both right on. The letter and the point about moral law and God's laws means a lot to me too. Some time after September 11th, I was forwarded an email that (and maybe you've seen this) was the transcript of an interview with Billy Graham's daughter. The interviewer asked her what she thought God might think about what happened on 9/11. Paraphrasing, she said that for the last few decades, we have done everything possible to remove God from schools, the courtroom, the Pledge of Allegiance, etc., and being the gentleman He is, He finally stepped "out of our way". Without sparking a religious debate, I do think it is interesting that while we all wonder where God is and why He's allowing terrible things to happen to the people of our country, we're shoving Him out of every thing that was once good. Just thought the email was interesting.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:44 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Just a P.S., 2 Chronicles 7:14 comes to mind. Happy reading! :wink:

Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:52 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]