View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 New SAT 
All-star
All-star

I read an article in the Winston Salem journal this week about the new SAT. It said that rising juniors would be the first to take this new test, which will include a writing section. It is also revamping the math and "critical reading" (instead of verbal) sections to include questions similar to those on the Praxis. The analogies are being taken out, and the article said that other areas of the verbal and math sections of the old SAT that students performed the best on were being taken out. I worry that this is going to place even more of an emphasis on SAT scores and college admissions. What do you guys think?

Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:17 pm
All-star
All-star

I think it very well could. I can't imagine that test getting any easier this day and age. I would love to read up on the results from the juniors that will take it. I am gonna check that out.

Did you know that in some subjects such as art they may be concidering eliminating the praxis!

Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:15 pm
All-star
All-star

Emily, any chance you can bring a copy of that article to class? If not, would you let me know the date of the paper so that I can look for it at the library? I would like to know more.

Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:53 pm
All-star
All-star

I just happened to be somewhere where the paper was, but I don't have a copy. It was last Thursday's paper though, so it might could be found online or in the library.

Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:57 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I would also like to see the results of the new SAT. This will be interesting to see how well or not the students do. I think that there will be more emphasis on the test and how it effects college admissions. I think it is going to be bias by showing the "gifted" students intellectual abilities.

Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:38 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]