View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 King letter 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

An interesting quote from MLK's letter:

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality; tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly."

What do you guys think about this? How far do you think that this goes? It's given me a lot to think about.

Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:25 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think that I agree with that statement. I think that whatever we do affects one thing that affects another and so on and so on..... So everything has some bearing on me or you. Sorry that was a ramble. But yes I agree we are all interconnected.

Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:19 pm
All-star
All-star

Kari, I think the phenomenon you are speaking of is called the "butterfly effect" which states simply that.....when a butterfly flutters its wings somewhere in the world, a huricane is produced somewhere else in the world. What we do affects more people than we realize...this is very important to realize as teachers.

Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:13 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]