View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Attitude 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

When speaking of race in the way that we did in class, I feel as though race is not as much of the problem as people's attitudes. Do not get me wrong, I do feel that race is an issue facing our society however I feel that is more rooted than white on black and black on white. I think part of the problem is peopls attitudes when trying to deal with issues at hand.

Take for instance under achievement in school, it isn't just the blacks but the poor people. Everyone faces challenges in succeeding in some way or another and I feel that the person's attitude is what can sink or sail them! Perhaps Im just naive and will be shot down on this opinion, but I do feel that attitude can take you a long way. Instead of trying to make people believe that my situation is worse than yours, that we should understand everyone has issues and situations that are difficult and help each other succeed.

Linda Brock

Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:59 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Linda, I think your opinion is right on target and I could not agree with you more! Too many people like to make excuses to justify their shortcomings, and their attitudes are too negative to allow their own hard work to help them out of their problems. But the most moving stories I've ever heard were those where people, despite their true hardships, came out on top simply because they were optimistic. It's amazing what you can overcome with the right motivation.

Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:51 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Linda, I agree with you completely!! You can do very little with a bad attitude. I know that some people have it worse off than others, but that's just how it is. No one has the perfect life (if you can think of one let me know). We have to look past whatever obsticle, chin up and just do it!! I am a strong believer in you can do anything that you want if you want it bad enough. This requires a good positive attitude in the process. :lol:

Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:09 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]