View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Cause of problems 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

In my personal opinion I feel that people in America are discriminated against because of the way politics view society. From what I see I think that society stills feels they have to Americanize everyone in the US. I am a Lutheran but when I am at home I get this feeling that if I am not a conservative Southern Baptist then there is something wrong with me. So the major cause of discrimination and hate is because of politics trying to Americanize citizens.

Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:41 pm
Site Admin

I wish you would say more about your experience. What I think I hear you saying is that you have felt that it isn't really acceptable to be a Lutheran in some places. Is that right?

Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I am happy being who I am and I wouldn’t change for the world. I come from a conservative community who in some cases I see them looking down on minorities. I don’t speak up much in class because I like to see what other people say and I don’t like to get anything started. There have been several times when I get to the point to saying something but I just bite my tongue.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:52 pm
All-star
All-star

Please don't bite your tongue when you have something to say. I think it is very important to hear what everyone has to say. Your perspective may shed light on other concerns that are brought into the classroom. As you know, I am the opposite when it comes to speaking. I feel that everyone should put their two cents in because sometimes one of those "cents" may make the most sense.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:02 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:20 pm
All-star
All-star

Say how you feel! I used to be very quiet too. I never said hardly two words in high school and my first two years of college. Then I starting speaking my views, and in many cases it made me feel a lot better. I always like to hear what other have to people say, so go ahead and voice your opinion. I think you should voice your opinion in your community too! It sounds like your community needs to hear some vocal opposition, so next time someone does something that you don't like, tell him or her how you feel.

Michelle Rogers

Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:31 pm
All-star
All-star

Jesse I also think that it is important to express your opinions in class. Most of the time what you think may very well be the viewpoint of someone else who is also too timid to speak up. There have been several times that I have spoken up and then wished that I would have kept my mouth shut. But I would do it again. Some things are better said even if others don't agree with you.

Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]