View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Goals 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I realize now more than ever before that every child is important, and that every child can learn. Maybe not exactly when I want them to, but with time and my attitude toward them. I want to be the teacher that discovers and recognizes the students abilities and helps them improve their weaknesses. I will not stereotype children, and I hope by my example I can help others that do stereotype children over come that stupidity.
Wendy Smith

Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:31 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Post yes
I feel the same way Wendy and I know what you are talking about. I worked with the high school last year and I made the mistake of becoming a friend with them. They looked at me as a great friend and they would come up and tell me stuff I didn’t want to hear. Although they respected me and listened to me, they would still use some slurs about others and any rumor going around I would be the first to know. I have learned since then how to respond but at the time all I did was shake my head and tell them they aren't right.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:16 pm
All-star
All-star

We all desire to be liked... or loved... my guess is that respect will go further in the classroom

Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:19 pm
All-star
All-star

I know that it will be very difficult to treat everyone exactly the same. Some students we will naturally enjoy teaching better than others. There will always be those few "troublemakers" who don't want to work or pay attention. I just pray that I can keep an open-mind and learn how to best deal with all my students.

Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:27 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

It will be a challenge to keep an open mind to every child because some kids will just get on our nerves. I hope that I am always conscious of the fact that every child is a learner, and that I should love each child as a learner even if I don't particularly like the child.

Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:48 pm
Profile YIM
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think that with most students in todays schools if you treat them with respect and don't try to dominate them you have a fairly good chance at a great relationship. The most important thing is not to base your opinion of a child on what other teachers tell you, create your own when you really get to know the kids.

Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:37 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

In some cases goals have been decided for us. We talked about the North Carolina Standard Course of Study and we need to convey this to our students to let them know what our goals and the state goals are. How can we expect students to increase their knowledge if we haven't helped them establish a learning goal. With EOC's, SAT and No Child Left Behind we need to be actively involved with our students so they can reach their maximun potential.

Andy

Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]