View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Class divided 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I was amazed to see what the children did to one another. I knew children could be mean but just over eye color I would never I have thought it. I think this video should be showed to every class of young children to make them aware of the stupidity of discrimination

Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:02 pm
All-star
All-star

Wouldn't that be great?! How about if every third grade class could do the exercise. That would be better. Then we could have their parents do it with the class and soon enough most of the population would have had some kind of lesson or feelings about discrimination. I wish the school systems would make it mandatory since it is a widely known method among educators and appears to work with all ages.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:53 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

I agree with you guys, this should be part of the standard course of study curriculum for 3rd grade. Even when the students were adults, they never forgot the exercise, and how personal it was to them.

Michelle Rogers

Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:46 pm
All-star
All-star

People of all ages are easily susceptible... as children when they are told something is "right"... as adults when they "know" something is right

Dan

Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:17 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think this video highlighted how easy it is for someone to learn discrimination. I think it also shows that with an open discussion that forms of discrimination can be eliminated. The question then becomes how do we get people to talk about attitudes they have for others,

Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]