View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 religion in class 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I personally don’t think that religion should be apart of the classroom, unless it is an individual class. In that aspect that should talk about all religions and their history. Im a religious person but to force a religion on to someone I have a problem with. There is a place to learn about God and place to learn about science, math, history, and health. Im a religious person but I feel that Conservatives have done enough to ruin education as it is.

Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:46 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

We have to remember that in the first schools in America the Bible was used to teach children to read, and was the basis for their education.
Today, I think it is best to keep education and religion separate because there are so many different religions practiced in America.

Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:39 pm
Profile YIM
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree with you Kellie. I would hate for my children in public school to feel as if their individual teacher was trying to sway their beliefs. If there was a religion class such as the one Gayle spoke of in class, which may not be so bad. It would take a very open-minded teacher to teach this type of curriculum in the public school setting.

In this day and age, too many people are ready to accuse the school system of trying to proselytize children and are ready to take school systems to court soon after.

Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:56 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I see why religion shouldn't be in our schools, howevere I feel this is a issue that would help our students understand one another better if we were allowed to talk about it openly

Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:25 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree that religion should be kept out of schools. I do think that a teacher should teach all the religions of the world when teaching world history. Students should be educated in the major religions of the world. This is an important part of a student's education. The teacher just has to impartial and not present one religion as better than the other.

Michelle Rogers

Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]