View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Why Teach? 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This class has made me realize just how challenging teaching is as a career. So, the question is why teach if teaching is so difficult?
I want to teach despite all of the challenges because at the end of the day there is a chance that atleast one child's life will have been affected in a positive way because of my being there. I think that is what it is all about!

Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:47 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

I totally agree with you!!! There may be some really bad days in the teaching profession, but the fact that I am helping students and making a big difference in their lives is worth it in the end.

Michelle Rogers :D

Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:49 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree with both of you and expect that most teachers say the same. I think that teachers make a difference in many students’ lives. There will some students that we make all the difference in the world. Others students will have some change in their lives that we were involved in but not a major impact. Others we will never make a contact with or there will nothing memorable that the student can take with them to the next level. We have to do the best we can and make the most out of any situation that is given to us. By doing this, we can be teachers that not only help students to accomplish goals but also teachers that can make life changing moments to the ones that really need it.

I wish you all well in whatever you will be doing and hope to see you again.

Last edited by Chuck Rananto on Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:58 pm
Profile YIM
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Teaching is difficult! It brings many challenges: emotionally, physically, and mentally. I love children, and I love to watch them learn and grow. I sacrifice the difficulties of teaching for the rewards of seeing the children succeed when odds are stacked against them. This class has made me really think about the hardships teachers face when dealing with social class, race, religion, and administration issues. Even though the class seemed to focus on the hardest parts of teaching, I still want to become a licensed certified teacher. Wendy Smith

Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:42 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Any profession you go into has its own host of challenges; teaching just seems to have more than most. Seriously, though, if you have a heart to help children learn and develop into productive citizens then why not teach?

Don't let the bureaucratic functions of the “business of educationâ€

Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:24 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Because its fun.

Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]