View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:25 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Learner Diversity 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

How would you go about teaching a classroom full of multicultural students?

I was thinking that it would be beneficial for the teacher to teach the students according to their diverse learning styles. The teacher should research each student's culture to see how they learn the best. I also think that the teachers should incorporate various cultures into their teaching curriculum. The students need to learn about other cultures besides Native Americans and African Americans only during the Black History month. We, as future teachers, should incorporate diversity into our classrooms.

Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:14 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree with some of that but not necessarily all of it... Yes, students need to learn about other cultures. However, just because a child has Japanese American background does not mean they can only learn the "Japanese American" way. Children have different methods of learning that does not always necessarily correspond to their ethnicity. Sterotyping how a child learns based on their ethnic background sounds strangely reminiscent of sterotying learning based on parents income....

Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:58 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]