View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Technical Education (Vocational) 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

What is your opinion about Techincal Education (Vocational) Teachers? Do you think that Tech. Ed. is important in High School?

Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:59 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think that vocational classes are an excellent idea. We often think of them helping only students who do not plan to go to college but that is not the only group benefited. I always planned on going to college but I took a couple of graphics courses in high school and loved it. If nothing else, it was so much fun it gave me another place that I actually enjoyed school and gave me another reason to even go to school. Also, the experience gave me some excellent experience that I could use while in college over the summers in a print shop or t-shirt screening store. For many of us, it may take longer than we would like to find a job teaching and picking up hours in a vocation may be just what the doctor ordered in the meantime.[/quote]

Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:11 pm
All-star
All-star

It's hard to ask students to decide what job they want to pursue while forcing them to attend classes they don't enjoy and study subjects in which they're not interested. Recess is an important part of elementary school because we know kids need a break from studying all day. Vocational classes provide a break from intense mental commitment also, sort of like a recess for the older crowd. I think that vocational classes (as well as music and drama) are an asset to any high school curriculum.

Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:54 pm
All-star
All-star

I feel that vocational classes are great. They provide students with a different take on learning and teaching in general. They provide an education and fun, which is what learning is all about. They provide students with alternate learning experiences as well. These classes allow students to learn what abilities that do or don't have. The children are able to explore new aspects of learning, which is what makes school so much fun. The children look toward having physical education, art, music, etc.

Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:34 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have discovered many of my current interests, for example Horticulture and Cooking, through the vocational classes that were offered in my high school. I know a couple of people that wouldn’t know that hood of a car from the trunk if it weren’t for the Auto Mechanics class; it introduced my sister (and her friends including a few guys) to the oil stick and the tire pressure gauge that they were so unfamiliar with. Vocational Classes are where many young men and women find things that they could enjoy for a life time or even make a career of.

cs60119@appstate.edu

Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:14 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]