View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Teacher's Salary 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

How do you feel about a teacher's salary? Do you think that it is adequate or do you feel that it should be increased?

Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:02 pm
All-star
All-star

I definitely feel like teachers are both underappreciated and underpaid, but I think that their salaries reflect our society's general apathy toward the profession. I think that teachers do noble, monumental work, but as long as our society fails to appreciate them, their salaries will remain pitifully low.

Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:02 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think that teachers pay stinks. It does not reflect all the hours of hard work we will put in once we take a position at a school. I most definately think it should be increased. If N.C. want the quality of its education to go up then it has to pay good money for quality teachers!

Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:12 pm
All-star
All-star

I feel that teachers are both unappreciated and under paid. Teachers don't receive the respect that I feel that they should. In my opinions teachers should receive the most respect because they are the people that are teaching your children. Teachers are teaching the next President, the next Benjamin Franklin, and the next Eisenhower, which means that they should receive the most respect. Also, for teachers to be teaching people's children, the next generation, they should be paid for it fairly. There are people that are working jobs without four year degrees and are making more money than teachers, whom teach the people that are working those jobs and are making more money than them. I feel that the system is just completely messed up and that is sad.

Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:46 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Post pay
States want highly qualified teachers that posses the highest degree of college and then those teachers will be awarded a higher amount of pay. The average teacher is underpaid and has too much work in order to go back to work on a higher degree.

Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:18 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

You didn't ask if we think it should be decreased... :wink:

Yes, I do believe teachers are underpaid. It's a shame that some teachers have to work two jobs just to support their family.
I work at Target back at home, and there's a man who works the night shift there. I told him that I was an education major and he told me that he used to teach English. I asked him why he quit. He answered, "It didn't pay enough."
Then it hit me. This guy freakin works at TARGET and he left teaching because the pay sucks. Hmm...
That freaked me out of course, but then I found out from him later that he has a day job that pays much more than Target does. So that gave me some relief.

Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:14 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Yes I do think that teachers are underpaid. I guess I'm going to play Devil's Advocate a little, but I think the benefits teachers get are pretty awesome, plus we have to remember that we only work 10 months year. I really do agree that the pay sucks, but that stuff helps balance it out a little.

Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:47 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

welp, i think this is a general consensus. Isn't it neat though that even though the pay stinks there are this many of us that are willing to give it a shot. Even though the threat of target night shift may stare us in the face :) i think that it is an honor to teach - a hard stinkin job too - but still... more pay would be nice.

Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:40 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]