View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Teaching in a small Middle School 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I see that many of us agree about the importance of Vocational Classes, but how would you like to teach one as well as the full load of other classes?

I have just completed an internship at Hardin Park elementary where the middle school teachers in this K=8 school also double as exploratory teachers. Some have classes like cooking and Drama, while others have only tutor labs which I thought was unfair since they require very little or no planning when the other teachers had to do even more work. Are these extra sacrifices worth the work just to work in a small school that is so comfortable? Don't get me wrong I loved the school and the teachers and students that I came into contact with, but I failed to see a balance in the class teaching assignments.

I guess that my overall question is how much would you sacrifice to teach in a small community school?

cs60119@appstate.edu

Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:29 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1 post ]